This past Christmas my mom asked me to make her a new set of tea towels as the ones she had from Grandma were disintegrating a little more with each use. They didn't have to be sent at Christmas, but that's what she wanted. It took me a while to get them going, but once I did, it was pretty quick work. She left the details up to me, so it was a bit of a surprise.
The 1st four are made out of old flour sacks that she had and gave to me to use for the project. These were very easy to sew and embroider.
The other five were made out of cloth diaper material I bought at the fabric store. They should be absorbent, weren't too bad to sew or embroider, although the fabric has a bit more stretch that can cause some bunching.
I didn't take a picture of the backs, but I did fuse some cotton onto the back of the embroidery as to hopefully save it from wear, then stitched around the edge so that it stays together through washings.
Almost like Grandma would have made!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
I've heard about it for a while and finally had a chance to give it a try. I'm in love! It's an easy process, but a bit time consuming because you have to cut out images with the exacto knife, and try to figure out what part should be painted or not. Google it, there are some great tutorials out there.
For our dino lovin' buddy...