Sunday, November 9, 2008

A hit and a miss.....

Well, I worked hard over the last couple of days and finished the first of 4 fleece jackets. It went together well and turned out great, with one minor issue. It's too short. This was intended to be for my dad, so I had Keith try it on and it was just not right. So I tried it on and length wise it's great, but too big all around. Hmmmm.
Off to call my mom and asked her to measure a jacket of dad's and we are talking needing to add like 6" to the damn thing!

Solution: Cut out a panel from the back and sew a straight seam back together, shorten the sleeves and an extra gift for my mom.
Buy a couple more yard of fabric and start over for dad.
I will also have to re-cut the front & back pieces for the one I'm making for my brother as I'm sure it will be too short.
It went together without any real issue, the pattern is great, and meant for men, so I'm not sure where their models came from!
But here it is:
At least I'm not scared of the pattern and sewing process anymore. It's a new endeavor, clothing/wearables.

1 comment:

Malissa said...

I can't believe you made that! Geesh I need to be a part of your family :-)