Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pillows and Parties...

Cody's Birthday is at the end of the month, so I'm working on all the things to make it happen.

First to be done were the invitations. Pretty simple this go, with the help of Photoscape, printing at Target, and a simple boarder and number. The inside is just printed from the computer, although it is with blue ink, to keep it festive.

For his main party, we are going to a climbing gym, so not much is needed for decoration. All that I need to get are some table clothes for the party spot. I'm planning on getting plain colored ones, to keep the cost down, but thought I would spruce up the food table with a banner.


My Celebrations cartridge for the Cricut has the triangle banner image, so just picked a font and cut and paste. Strung onto orange ribbon in hopes that it won't stretch and dip too badly, then each triangle has tape on the back to hold them into place.

The next 1/2 finished project has been almost 2 years in the making. When we moved over to the new house my friend Jen gave me some pillows, I've had high ambition to do some pretty quilted designs, but came to realize I just didn't have that in me. So I finally bit the bullet and found some nice home decor fabric on sale at JoAnn's and started. The pillow slides in and out of the back, with a velcroed split across the back, easy washing for the accidents that tend to happen here.


I say 1/2 finished because I need to make two more for the other couch so we can toss the crappy pillows we've had for too long.

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I freakin' love that fabric. It picks up so many colors from your house!