Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Water bottle and camera bags...

The boys are heading off on a trip with Grandma and Grandpa later this week.  Hoping to help them stay hydrated and have easy access to their cameras, bags were in order.  

Searching through my stash of books, I ran across the pattern for a water bottle holder in my Sew & Stow book.  This book is awesome, with modern patterns for every day use.  Lots of different bags and lots of hints for customizing things for your needs. 
They are adjustable and can be slung across the body for hands free fun! 
They are made large enough for the boys' biggest water bottle, with the draw string at the top, they should work for any of the other bottles we have in the house. 
Their camera bags hang off the back.
 Googling around, I came across this pattern and adapted it to their cameras.
They are lightly padded to protect the cameras and made with the fabric the boys picked from the store. 
 I finally used the magnet snaps I've been hording for a couple of years. 
Surprising easy once I planned it out a bit and the magnets are strong. 
They have straps that make them easy to take on and off of their bags, also making them easy to move to something else for different uses
Now to finish gathering and packing the rest of their things!

No comments: